Sunday, December 6, 2009

Christmas Deals

I have done a fair amount of surfing the internet for some blockbuster fishing deals this holiday season. However, I have been ultimately disappointed with fishing tackle manufacturers unwillingness to lower prices this Christmas season. Major brands such as Shimano and Quantum have discounted some lower end reels and rods but I have not noticed any great buys.
Understand, though, it really isn't the fishing season, well...other than ice fishing.

On the other hand, I just noticed Cabelas is offering $20 off purchases of $100 or more.
Visit www.cabelas.com for more details. They currently offering 25 days of deals so I would suggest visiting their often if you are really hunting out a good combo for the 2010 season. Also, their bargain cave every now and again will hold some fishing treasures also.

Other retail giant Gander Mountain, has marked down spools of 300 yd moss green Power Pro for $22.99 and free shipping. Those of you who have fished with braided line knows it usually will run more than $30. Visit:
http://www.gandermountain.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?i=411963&pdesc=PowerPro_Fishing_Line_300_yds_Moss_Green&str=webdeal&merchID=4005
for more details. They are also marking down several of their store brand rods and reels, which personally I am not very keen on.

For Bass Pro current holiday offers visit:
http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CFPageC?storeId=10151&catalogId=10001&langId=-1&appID=8500&APPsection=Fishing&cm_sp=ChristmasGiftIdeas2009-11_30_09-_-HM-pos3-_-fishing-swf-chooseacategory

I also suggest visiting your local tackle store for great bargains. The little guys are more willing to negotiate combo offers.

I'll keep my eyes on the Internet and if I find any door busting deals I'll keep you posted.

Happy Holidays everyone!
-Nathan
Big Hook Camps

No comments:

Post a Comment