|Nearest gas station is 6 hrs away|
|Throw all rules of the road out the door|
Random winter road facts:
- 13,000 pds of materials were hauled including: a new solar battery bank for Central, boat for Burnt, non perishable food items, 4 new four stroke Yamaha 20hp motors for Favourable, several thousand pounds of pressure treated material.
- Average temperature was mild at 26 F.
- Moderate snow levels in Sandy Lake should allow a good spring run off, raising levels of the lakes.
- Animals spotted: 9 moose, 2 fox, 1 lynx, 4 grouse and a deer.
- Zero fuel trucks were spotted. As a matter of fact, no fuel was available in Sandy for our final return trip. After numerous phone calls we secured enough to fuel for our three vehicles. Cost to gas up three trucks: $500. Ouch.
Stay posted for the 2012 Winter Road video.
Good Luck on the water or ice everyone,