However, the weather is a different story up north around Big Hook. I have been keeping a close eye on the temperatures in the Opasquia Provincial Park and have yet to witness temps above the freezing mark. We just had a report from Sandy Lake Seaplane that the tankers are still running the ice highway with fuel. This is excellent news because there is never a surplus of fuel in Sandy. Looks like more snow is on the way up there, so that furthers the expectation of high water this spring.
So let us get back to fishing...
Spring is a great time of year for great discounts at most retailers. Fishing specials often roll out in February and March. I like to keep an eye on Cabela's Bargain Cave. Here are a couple great buys they are offering and other store specials.
- Rapala Glass Shad-a great trolling bait for walleye in July and August. The Glass Citrus Shad looks like it could be effective for trophy walleye.
- Hot N Tot- another great walleye trolling lure. The Orange Fire UV and Blue Chrome are my fav's.
- Free shipping on rod/reel combos, is a great deal. It is often expensive to ship fishing rods.
- Cabela's Tackle Bag-These are perfect for a fly-in fishing trip and at $40 is not a bad price.
- Gander Mountain- has 20% off all soft sided tackle boxes.
- Fleet Farm is another great place to check out for fishing. They don't post sales on the website often so check your local store. I have found most of the time they will beat out Cabela's and Gander.
Those are just a couple of deals I have stumbled across while browsing the web this morning. I'll keep everyone posted if I come across anymore online deals.
Big Hook Wilderness Camps